A Bit of History
In the spring of 1951, two local preachers joined together and set up a rented tent on Boruff Road for an old-fashioned tent revival. Reverend Fred Atkins and Reverend Jack Day followed God and held revival in that old tent for a period of time. They thought revival was over, but God had different plans. The next night people showed up and were waiting for a revival service to begin under that old tent…and they kept coming, night after night after night. The revival carried on until cold weather forced them to find a warmer place to meet. The parents of Mary McCurry (our only living charter member) offered their home to continue meeting. At this time the house was on the corner of Boruff Road and Clapps Chapel Road, right across from what is now our fellowship building. It was decided then that a church was needed in this little community. Property was donated by Mary’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Camper, for the church building. This property is located where the fellowship building is today. So began this church family and God has continued to bless.